Home School Fun!


Photobucket

like button

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Taking Time to Give Back.

I think it's important to teach my kids that others are less fortunate in this world. Each month I try to highlight and bring to life children from around the world. We focus on how they live and grow within their communities. More often than not, my kids end up surprised by one thing or another and I hope it gives them a healthy appreciation for the things they take for granted everyday.

For our next project, I thought something a little more 'hands on' would be appropriate so we checked out ProjectLinus.org.

We decided to contact our local chapter and find out more about how to become "Blanketeers". It's all very exciting!! I'll keep everyone up to date with how it goes!
Like this article? Spread this word to your Friends and Peers Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

No comments:

Post a Comment